Stella’s Cookies – Recipe
People often cook special recipes around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Recipes passed down in families stay around for different generations to enjoy. Internet sites make it easy to search for new recipes as well. Cookies are a treat anytime. With so many rich sweet dishes I have a great cookie recipe that is light, sweet and delicious. Baking cookies is a great way to get children involved. Kids always enjoy helping make cookies!
I can remember helping to make cookies as a child and my own children helped me make cookies as well. Stella’s Cookies recipe makes three dozen cookies. If you make them slightly smaller, you can get more. Stella was my great aunt and this was a recipe she had from her mother.
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 sticks of margarine
- Combine flour and butter using fingers
- Add 1 egg yolk
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- Mix all together using spoon
- Blend and shape in long roll and sprinkle with flour
- Wrap in wax paper and chill overnight
- Next day…
- Mix sugar mixture of ¾ cup of sugar/1 tsp. cinnamon and ¾ cup of chopped pecans
- Cut dough log in four pieces
- Roll one piece in circle
- Fill circle with sugar mixture
- Cut in pie wedges
- Roll from wide end to center
- Place on greased cookie sheet and brush with egg white
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 15 minutes
Stella’s Cookie recipe makes lots of cookies! They are great for cookie exchanges, Christmas parties, work parties, school parties or just to have at home! Involve your family in making holiday cookies. Traditions like Holiday baking are passed down from generation to generation.
I have more cookie recipes to share. Would you like to see more? Have you tried the recipe above? Let us know by commenting below!