Bacon Wrapped Mini Smokies Recipe
This is a family and friend favorite. Anytime I have a gathering or a potluck I am always asked if I will make these. They are a delight and delicious and best of all; easy to make!
- Little smokies (I have used both turkey and beef)
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 package bacon (I use maple)
- 2 sticks of butter
Use a 9×9 baking dish or larger depending on amount of smokies you are making. Then:
- Cut bacon strip in half and wrap around little smokes placing the seam on the bottom and line them up in the baking dish.
- Heat up 1 cup of brown sugar and 1 stick of butter.
- Pour over the bacon wrapped smokies.
- Cut up the remaining stick of butter and layer it on top of the smokes.
- Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar all over the smokies.
Place in 350-degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until the bacon is done and brown sugar is bubbly.
Put toothpicks in them to serve or make up small plates with 4-5 smokies and a small fork. These can be kept warm in a warming tray if you want them slightly warmer, but they are just as delicious at room temperature. The candied brown sugar on the bacon makes these crisp jam-packed full of flavor. They are usually the first finger food gone. Make sure you make plenty!
We are all trying to be more cautious when serving food and these are great to have served up and on small plates for people to just take one and enjoy. No worries about everyone’s hands touching the serving fork or breathing over the entire platter of bacon heaven. This is the recipe that works for me. There are many variations out on the web and minor adjustments other people have made. Experiment with flavors and see what you can come up with.