Recommended WordPress Plugins For Your Website
You are on page 1/2.
So, you have a WordPress site and want to know what the best and/or recommended plugins are? Using this guide can help you on your way! There are many plug-ins available for WordPress, which is why it’s such a great system! Installing the right ones can protect your investment and cut down on SPAM, increase productivity and make your life as an admin easier! Blog Encounters has compiled a list of recommended plug-ins for your WordPress site. You can choose to install or not to based on the type of site you run.
On the following pages, we will list the most recommended plugins, along with the author name. Some plugins have similar or identical names, so pay attention to the author name when selecting from the plug in selection screen!
To use, you’ll login to your WordPress admin page and click the “plug-ins” section on the left. You’ll then click ‘ADD NEW’ in the upper part of the page and use the ‘Search Plugins’ box to find these titles. These titles are NOT in any special order.
- #1 – KK STAR RATINGS – by Karnal Khan Used with POSTS – this plugin allows users to rate posts on your page with a simple ‘star’ system. You can customize the star names, how many stars are shown and colors.
- #2 – LOGIN SECURITY SOLUTION – by Daniel Consissor Adds extra security to your WordPress site by fighting off brute force attacks. It can notify via e-mail of any brute force login attempts and requires strong passwords on your blog. Recommended settings: all at default, except: “Deletion Interval” set to ‘1000’, “Deletion Days” set to ’60’, “Password Policy/History” recommended to set to at least ‘3’, “Idle Timeout” from between 15 to 120 based on your preference – we recommend ’30’ for regular bloggers and page updaters. We recommend ’60’ for heavy uploaders and video workers.
- #3 – SKT NURCAPTCHA – by Carlos Barbosa Used in the new user REGISTRATION area – this plugin stops SPAMMERS from even signing up on your WordPress site. It uses Google’s API for graphical captcha codes. You’ll need to create a key pair on the Google website, the link will appear in the plugin setup – it takes seconds and is simple to complete.
- #4 – WP ADD MIME TYPES – by Kimiya Kitani Used in the files/uploads part of WordPress to allow custom extensions for filenames. If WordPress states that an uploaded file is ‘not an allowed type’, this plug-in can resolve this issue.
- #5 – REGENERATE THUMBNAILS – by Viper007Bond Used at the system level to re-generate thumbnails after resizing, etc. Can perform the action on your entire site in a single sweep. A great tool if you make many photo changes and they are no longer displaying as expected.
- #6 – CONTACT FORM 7 – by Takayuki Miyoshi Used to add contact form(s) to your website. Easy to use and customize. You can have multiple forms for multiple areas, if you wish. The form can e-mail all entered data, simply build your e-mail template and include any information you want from the form.
- #7 – WP PHOTO ALBUM PLUS – by J.N. Breetveit Used to host photo galleries within your WordPress site. Uses shortform to display the selected gallery where you want it. Can be displayed within posts or on pages. Easy management, MANY customization options for a totally unique gallery if you desire.
- #8 – CAPTCHA – by BestWebSoft Uses a math question as an anti-spam checkpoint. For new posts and replies, a submitting visitor must answer a simple math question for their post to be added to your site. Naturally SPAM robots and scripts cannot answer these random math questions, so this plugin can cut down on 99-100% of WordPress SPAM.
- #9 – YOP POLL PLUGIN – by YourOwnProgrammer The perfect, easy to use polling plugin for your WordPress site! Display as a page or in the sidebar areas.
- #10 – LAST UPDATED SHORTCODE – By BitAcre Creates a shortcode to display the date/time when a post/page was last updated. Places the tag at the bottom of the post/page. Easy install, just load it and it will activate, no special settings.
You are on page 1/2.